Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

What a wonderful weekend!  My boys really spoiled me on my first Mother's Day, and I was overcome with emotion so many times these past few days reflecting on what it means to be a mom and how much love I have for Graham.  I was overwhelmed with thankfulness and love for my sweet family of 3!  And I'm very thankful for my mom, who showed and continues to show how to serve and love my family in a Godly way.

 Reading and waiting for Daddy to get home!

We started off on Friday evening grilling out fajitas and playing outside!

 Yea for family time!

On Friday after Graham went to bed, Trent and I watched Zero Dark Thirty.  It was a good movie, just VERY intense!  Don't watch if you plan on going to bed right after it's over or you will have trouble sleeping! 

On Saturday morning Trent ran to the grocery store before Graham and I were even up.  He came back home with some beautiful tulips (my fave!) and Starbucks for breakfast!  He and Graham then ran to Home Depot for a few things while I enjoyed a quiet start to my day!

We decided to go out for Mother's Day lunch on Saturday.  This worked great because we didn't have to worry about the crowds, and after church on Sundays, Graham is just ready to take a nap so taking him out to eat would be a little risky!

 Graham and me!  So thankful to be his momma!

 I enjoyed a yummy lunch at Union Kitchen with my boys!

 And then while Graham napped that afternoon, I enjoyed a pedicure and reading a book on my Kindle!  It was so nice and relaxing!

Late that afternoon we were off to College Station to see Trent's sister, Kelsey, graduate from A&M!  We loved seeing a lot of the family at her house for a little dinner party before we headed to graduation!  It didn't start until 7 so we weren't sure how Graham would do, but he was great!  Kelsey walked right about 8, and then we left and headed home.

 Congrats Kelsey!

 Graham playing with Paw-Paw, one of his great grandfathers!

We were up bright and early for church on Sunday!

 Thanks cousin Caden for my awesome pants! 

 We got home and grilled burgers and enjoyed lunch on the patio.  It was so nice and relaxing!


After we all enjoyed 2 hour naps that afternoon, we headed to the park to swing!

 His sunglasses lasted for about .3 seconds...

 Swinging!

 And more patio time!

And then we went out for frozen yogurt to end our day!

G was upset he couldn't eat any!  He had carrots instead! :)

What a special calling and responsibility it is to be Graham's mom.  I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you had a very special first Mother's Day. You made me emotional by reading your blog. God has blessed me by allowing me to be the mother to you and Justin.

    ReplyDelete