Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up: Birthday Edition

What a weekend!  Not only were we celebrating Graham's 1st birthday, but it was also the start of Baylor football season!  I'm pretty sure my nephew has been telling me since January, "I'll see you at the next Baylor football season!", every single time we said bye after a visit!  And it was finally here!

We actually kicked things off early on Thursday night and got a babysitter! :)  Trent and I enjoyed a fun dinner out watching some football and just catching up!  Of course Graham had a great time with his favorite babysitter!  

And Trent came home around lunch time on Friday for a nice, long weekend!  We ran a few errands that afternoon, and Graham got an early birthday treat...some yummy frozen yogurt!

He couldn't waste time smiling for the camera!

And on Friday evening we went to eat dinner with 3 other couples, some of our very best friends!  We loved that we were all in town and able to have a nice night out!  We are so thankful for them.  But of course I didn't get one single pic...we were a little busy wrangling kiddos! :)

After Graham's birthday festivities on Saturday morning (see previous post!), we loaded up the car and headed to Waco!

My boys before we headed out the door!

So excited! 

 The day had finally come!

We had lunch at my parents' house and cupcakes for dessert before we all braved the heat and went to tailgate!

 Bop and Caden waiting for March of the Bears!  Caden was pumped because he got a high-five from almost every single player!  

 He's got his arm out and ready!

 My cute hubby!  Graham was home with Nana and Kaki for naptime, but only Kaki chose to partake! :)

I went back to their house and dropped Katie off in exchange for Graham and Nana!

 He was ready to tailgate!

 My boys!

 A quick pic with Nana and Bop heading into the stadium!

 Ahh I could just eat him up!

 Showing off his special birthday shirt that I had made!  And his cute hat!


 Chris and Trent with their boys!

 The 3 of us!

Graham and I lasted until almost halftime, and then we were both so tired and hot!  

On Sunday morning, the guys had an early tee time, Katie headed back home for church, so Nana and I took Graham and Kaki to my favorite - Cafe Cappuccino!  Yummy!  About the time we were finishing up, we got a call that Caden was done with golf so we picked him up and went to the splash pad with all 3 kiddos!  They had so much fun!

 Crazy cousins!





  And we ended our fun morning with yummy Sonic drinks!

We all met up back at the house for a quick lunch with Gran and Poppa before we all hit the road.  It was a whirlwind weekend, which all football weekends tend to be, but of course we had a fabulous time in Waco with the fam and cheering for our Bears!

BUT our weekend was not yet over!  We were so excited to have Trent home for another day!  He worked hard in the yard for a few hours while I worked on some party stuff.  And Graham must have been pooped because he took 2 naps for a total of 3 1/2 hours!  He was tired from all of the partying!

We also went to our neighborhood pool party and grilled out yummy steaks for dinner!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. It was such a wonderful weekend! Such a great family time and we had
    so many fun things to do. I'm ready for the next Baylor football weekend.

    ReplyDelete