Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Weekend in San Antonio

So Friday afternoon we packed up the car and headed west on I-10 to good ol' San Antone!  Trent surprised me with tickets to see George Strait as my Mother's Day gift, and we decided to just make a weekend of it and celebrate our anniversary at the same time!  Graham's Mimi and Grandpa so graciously agreed to watch the crazy man for the weekend, so they met us for the drop off on Friday evening.  I was sad to say bye to my little buddy, but I was so excited for some quality time with Trent and to relax and have fun!
  
 My packing helper on Friday morning!

 But then he took a good nap while I finished getting ready...so good that he woke up with one paci stuck inside another!

 And then he was back to helping me finish up the packing!

 Graham and I tried to keep each other entertained while stuck in some major traffic on the way.

We checked into Hotel Contessa that evening and headed to dinner at Boudros on the Riverwalk.  It was delicious!  We enjoyed good conversation, good food, and good wine!

Happy 6 years to us!

We "slept in" on Saturday morning until 8:15! :)  And then we enjoyed coffee and muffins by the rooftop pool and staked out the best chairs for the day!

 My view...

 The necessities by my side...

Once we had enough sun, we enjoyed a yummy lunch at Casa Rio...a must when we visit SA!

While we enjoyed all of that, Graham was also having a great day!

 Morning time on the patio with Grandpa.

 Lots of new things to climb on!

 Enjoying a nice nap!

He went swimming and then found more things to get into!

Finally it was time to head to the concert!  We enjoyed some awesome opening acts - Martina McBride and Miranda Lambert!  They were both great!

 Martina put on a great show!  I hope I look like her when I'm that age...she rocked some tight leather pants!

 My date! :)

Miranda was also very entertaining!  I was hoping Blake would make a surprise appearance but no such luck!

And then it was time for King George himself...

 Wow...what a great concert he put on!  

 He played for 2 hours and 15 minutes!  He was a great entertainer - he talked a lot about each song and when he wrote it and gave a little background.  

There was a crowd of 74,000+ so it was a little crazy in there!

We were ready to see our boy on Sunday morning!  Trent's parents met us for the exchange, and then we went to meet some of our good friends that used to live in Houston - Matt, Emily, and Abigail!  We hadn't seen Abigail since she was about 6 weeks old, and they had yet to meet Graham.  
*Hi Emily!  Thanks for always reading my blog! :)  We hope to see y'all again soon!

We loved catching up over brunch and playing with the kiddos!  Abigail was precious and loved Graham, until Emily was holding him, and then she lost it! :)

 Abigail and Graham giving each other a hug!

 Emily and me with our sweet babies!
*Disclaimer...Graham had a blowout on the nice outfit that he had been wearing.  Luckily I had an emergency onesie in the diaper bag, but of course it wasn't a cute one! :)

We then hit the road home to Houston after another great weekend with lots of great memories!

Hanging out on the couch after we got home.  We are all exhausted and will sleep good tonight!

Have a great week!  We are off on another adventure on Tuesday...stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great weekend. Casa Rio, one of my favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, fun!! 74,000 people??!! Oh my! Glad y'all had fun and I hope you're resting up today!! :) More importantly is G-Dawg restin' up??

    ReplyDelete