Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Fun

Happy Friday!  Who's excited to watch the Olympics nonstop for the next 2 1/2 weeks?!  I've been looking forward to this all summer!

We have done a ton of fun things this summer and I wanted to be sure to blog about all of them!

First up...Kaki's 1st birthday party!  It worked out perfectly for Katie and Justin to host our niece's birthday party the same weekend as the baby shower for Baby A.  We all met up at Katie's parents house in Kingwood on Sunday morning and had a blast celebrating sweet Miss Kaki!  They don't come any sweeter than her!

 Kaki and her sweet uncles!

 So pretty!

 Had to get a pic with the cute big brother!

 Ree Ree and Uncle Tag with the birthday girl!

 The cutest niece and nephew EVER!!

 The Cox fam! 

 Ready to dig in!

She LOVED it!  Caden had to get in on the action too!  At one point Kaki put her face down in the cake!

Next up, we were ready to be patriotic and celebrate the 4th!  This year we were able to go with our good friends Chris and Summers to his parents' lake house again on Lake Travis!  We absolutely love relaxing and being on the lake!  I couldn't go on any boat rides or ski this year, but I was perfectly content floating (my float was tied to the dock!), reading, and just hanging out!

 The girls!  Me, Summers, and Sara...love them!

 Trent was in charge of taking Colton down to the dock one morning!  I thought he looked great with the baby carrier and got in some good practice! :)

 Colton and me in our Baylor gear!  He is such a happy baby!

Just hanging out!

The week after we got back from Port Aransas, I volunteered to work at VBS at our church!  This sounded like a great idea back in March when I first said I would be happy to help, but then I wasn't so sure when it came time for it!  Oh, did I forget to say that I was working in a kindergarten classroom?!?  A little different from my 4th graders that I'm used to!  However, I had a blast with the little ones and working with good friends!  It was an exhausting week, but I'm so glad I did it!

 Loved working with these girls!  Nancy, Summers, Cassie, and me!

 Our cute cowboy themed room!

Cowboy Ken over there was only partially hanging on when we came in each morning!  He had a rough week! :)

And the last bit of summer fun to catch up on is our new house!  We closed last Friday, and demo started this week.  It is exciting to finally start the work that we've been talking about for 2 months now, and I can't wait to see all of the progress along the way!  We have a crew working 7 days a week to try and finish before Baby A gets here...I'm not getting my hopes up!  We bought the house from the original owners who lived there for 43 years...there is a lot of updating to be done!  I took a lot of before shots to compare the after ones to when it is all complete!  Here is a picture of the front...we are so excited to be in our new neighborhood and so close to so many of our good friends!


I hope you all have a great weekend!  We will be busy picking out paint colors, granite, and bathroom fixtures...there are too many choices!

And go USA!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, what a fun summer it has been! I am ready for the Olympics. I can hardly wait to see the progress that is made on the house.

    ReplyDelete