Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend

What a wonderful weekend we had celebrating our Risen Savior.  I am so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for me, even though I'm so unworthy, and then God, in His mighty power, raised Him from the dead so that we may live.  He is my joy, my hope, and my peace every single day!  Several kids I knew from school were baptized at church on Sunday morning, and I was overwhelmed with thankfulness for the gift of salvation all over again!  We had tons of good family time this weekend, which we needed to get us through this week! :)

Graham and I stocked up at HEB, went to gym class, and played at home anxiously awaiting for Trent to get home to start our weekend!

 How G rides at HEB...he wants to see where we're going!

 Reading (trying to eat) one of his Easter cards!

 We made Easter cookies!  He was my assistant!

 My happy boy!  His new favorite thing is to take a picture and then look at it and laugh!  So cute!

Ummm when did he get so big????


 Inspecting the cookies before they went into the oven!


 Enjoying some cuddles after his afternoon nap!

 Patio time on Friday evening!  We grilled out burgers...yummy!

On Saturday we just took it easy that morning and then ran to Lowe's and to Sonic!
 He was being a little fussy so I rode with him in the backseat...he loved my sunglasses! :)

 Picking out flowers at Lowe's!  Can't you tell how excited he is?!

 We played in the backyard while Daddy worked! :)



 Time to dye eggs and decorate our cookies!


 Our finished products!

Love this sweet face!

On Sunday morning we were able to squeeze in a few pics before church, then went to worship, and then to brunch with our good friends...this is the 4th year we have done Easter with them!

 Oh how I love them!

Me and my boy!




 They're so handsome!


 Graham and his lunch date, Ella!


Our sweet little family of 3!

And then the Easter bunny came during nap time, after a 2 hour and 45 minute nap, I might add! :)

 Lots of goodies!

 "This is all for me?!?"


 Admiring his new shoes!

Eating his new book and trying out the hat!

He loved the hat!  It will get lots of use at the beach next week!

Have a great week!  Up next, Graham's 7 month post...how is that possible?! :)

2 comments:

  1. Easter what a special time it is for us! I know it touched you to see some of the students from school baptized. Precious Graham! The picture of the hat is so funny. So much fun and good memories to make cookies and dye eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! Love G's new shoes and the ones he sported on Easter Sunday! I am impressed you and G already dyed eggs... this is the first year I did it with mine! :) It's been stickers and markers until now!! Love y'all!!

    ReplyDelete