Tuesday, August 21, 2012

37 Weeks

37 Weeks...full term!!

How Far Along: 37 weeks...so thankful that I made it to full term!
Size of baby: Baby A is the size of a pumpkin...about 7 pounds and 20 inches long!
Maternity Clothes: Absolutely!  
Gender: Surprise!  What's everybody's final prediction?!
Movement: Yes, the movements have become quite painful and uncomfortable at times.  Baby A is just running out of room!  
Sleep: Still sleeping pretty good, I'm so thankful for this!  If I don't sleep well at night, then I just take a nap in the afternoon!  I'm loving my schedule! :)
What I miss: getting around easily, having energy, being comfortable, being able to pick things up off the floor
Cravings: still nothing out of the ordinary...I haven't been too hungry these last few weeks, and I actually lost a couple of pounds this past week between Dr.'s appointments
Symptoms: HOT.  I'm also still having achiness in my fingers and toes with a little bit of swelling.  My back hurts constantly too.  
Best moment of the week: Making it to 37 weeks!  After last week's appointment my Dr. seemed to think that Baby A could come at anytime, and I definitely wanted to make it to 37 weeks! 
Looking forward to: Just the feeling that we are getting closer and closer to meeting Baby A and finally knowing if we have a boy or a girl!! :)  I hope to make it another 10 days, but I know that Baby A is going to come on their on time frame.  

Yesterday at my weekly appointment, my blood pressure was slightly elevated (130/90), which is high for me.  My norm is about 110/70.  I also wasn't feeling great and was running a slight fever so my Dr. sent me over to the hospital for monitoring and blood work.  Trent and I got to listen to Baby A's heartbeat for about an hour while I was hooked up to all of the machines!  My blood pressure dropped significantly after I lied down and was resting.  It got down to 96/64.  Turns out I have a bladder infection....blah!  I was sent home after about 2 hours with an antibiotic.  I'm thankful that my Dr. took that extra precaution and they were able to figure out what was wrong.  So all I have on my to-do list this week is to rest and relax!  

2 comments:

  1. Good girl... rest and relax... this is IT for the next 18+ years! :) Hahaha! Just kidding... sort of! :) No really, I'm kidding! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad the doctor was cautious. Relax and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete