Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up

Happy Monday!!  What a fun weekend I have to write about...it was a big one!  Trent's company has a conference in Scottsdale, Arizona every year.  Last year I flew out for the weekend to join him, and we had fun hiking, golfing, and just relaxing!  We first traveled to Scottsdale about 4 years ago over spring break and enjoyed the warm weather by the pool and went to spring training baseball games!  Ever since then it is one of our favorite places to visit.  So this year when his conference was scheduled again, we decided that it would be a good first time for us to travel since having Graham.  Thanks toNana and Bop who made this all possible!

I kept thinking this trip was a long ways away after Christmas, and then all of a sudden it was here.  I was very nervous about being away from Graham, but my mom listened to my every concern and was very reassuring and calming.  Trent flew out to Scottsdale on Tuesday morning so Graham and I loaded up and headed to Waco.  I'm glad we had a couple of days there for me to help him get adjusted.  He is all of a sudden in that stage of being clingy and unsure of people he isn't around on an everyday basis.

So Thursday morning I headed back to Houston bright and early to catch my flight to meet up with Trent.  There were definitely tears as I left and along the way, but I knew Graham was in the best hands and that Trent and I would have a great weekend!

I am very thankful for lots of videos and pictures!  Nana and Bop loved their time with Graham, and he had a great weekend with them!  Trent and I also had such a fun time having uninterrupted conversations, leisurely meals, and lots of time to sleep!  I took a nice nap everyday while we were there!  But we sure did miss our boy and were excited to see him on Sunday!

 I was so glad he woke up happy on Thursday and ready to play!  It was best for both of us that I left while he was still sleeping!


 Gran and Poppa came over to play!

 They got lots of good cuddles and play time!

 The beautiful sunrise on my way to Houston.

 All bundled up for a walk!

 Playing golf on Friday morning!  I just drove the cart...my favorite thing to do!

 Our resort from the 16th hole!

 YUMMY!!!

 I went along for the experience to the Barrett Jackson car auction on Saturday.  This is the original Batmobile that was up for sale for the first time ever.  It ended up going for 4.2 million.  It was so cool seeing it up close before it was auctioned!

 At sunset every evening a bag piper walks up the 18th green...it is so cool to watch and listen!

 My spot by the fire pit listening to the music!

 Reunited and it feels so good!!  I was so excited to see him!  He seemed so much bigger and busier than ever!

We've had lots of fun play time today! :)

Nana and Bop, thank you so much for watching our sweet boy for us so we could enjoy a weekend away!  I hope y'all got lots of rest today! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the special time with Graham! We enjoyed it so much. I'm so glad that you and Trent could get away.

    ReplyDelete