Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Year in Review

I know we're already more than a week into 2013, but I want to blog about last year!  2012 was a great year for our family!  I want to highlight a few of my favorite things!

January
We started off the year finding out I was pregnant on the 3rd!  It was our fun little secret until I was 8 weeks along and we had our first doctor's appointment and heard the heartbeat!  We had so much fun surprising our families with the great news!

In the middle of January we took a long weekend trip to Scottsdale...one of our favorite places!  Trent was already there for a work conference so I flew out for the weekend!

 Hiking in Scottsdale...6 weeks pregnant!

February
We flew to North Carolina to see our good friends Luke, Brittany, and their baby Nolan at Duke.  We had a fun weekend catching up and seeing their part of the world before Luke graduated in May!


Also in February, we made it official on Facebook announcing that we were pregnant! :)  And I gave my letter of resignation at school!

March

For spring break we went to Charleston, South Carolina for a few days!  We loved exploring the history of the city!



We also made a last minute spontaneous decision to fly to Atlanta to cheer for our Bears in the Sweet Sixteen and the Elite Eight!  I'm so glad we did this, and we figure it would be the last time in awhile we could do something so last minute like that!

Go Bears!

April
We had our big 20 week ultrasound in April!  Baby Agnew looked great and healthy, and we stayed strong and didn't find out the gender! :)

20 weeks pregnant!

May
We listed our townhouse for sale and started looking for a new house at the beginning of May!  I finished my school year, which was wonderful.  It was the best class ever, and they really spoiled me and Baby A!  I also had my first two baby showers!

At the end of May we celebrated my brother Justin's 30th birthday with a fun filled weekend in Waco that included a scavenger hunt and bocce ball!

 The kids!

Lots of fun playing bocce ball!

June
We traveled to New York City to celebrate our 5 year anniversary!!!  Trent and I had such a special weekend doing all of the touristy things, having good quality time, and talking and dreaming about Baby A!  We knew it was our last big trip for awhile, and we definitely took advantage of it!

Going to see Wicked on our anniversary!

July
We spent the Fourth at our good friends lake house in Austin!  It was a great relaxing time with fun friends!


I taught a kindergarten VBS class with some girls from Sunday School and had a blast but was exhausted!  

Then we made our annual trip to Port Aransas with the Cox family!


I made it to the 3rd trimester and was feeling great!

We also closed on our new house at the end of July and started demo and renovations!

August
We started off the month making lots of decisions for the house remodeling and finishing up buying baby stuff!  Little did we know that August would be THE month that Baby A would make their big debut!

We celebrated Trent's 27th birthday, and I was just hoping that we would make it through his dinner without going into labor! :)
This is the only pic I have from his birthday...aren't they cute?!

And then on the 30th, my water broke!  It was time to meet Baby A!  Early in the morning of the 31st we found out Baby A was actually a boy, and Graham stole our hearts forever!  We experienced a new kind of love that we never knew existed!

 What ended up being my last bump pic at 38 weeks!

 Graham Allen Agnew

Overwhelmed with love and gratitude!

September
This month was just spent cuddling, feeding, changing diapers, and sleeping when we could!  Those first few weeks with Graham are such a blur now, but they were so special!

At the end of the month, we moved when Graham was 4 weeks old!

October
We celebrated my 29th birthday and enjoyed a date night out!  Graham also traveled for the first time this moth, and he did great!  We went to Waco twice for Baylor football games.  Graham even got to tailgate!

It was so much fun dressing Graham up for Halloween!

Two of Graham's great-grandparents came to Houston for a special visit to meet him!

November
This month started off with Baylor Homecoming!


And we had our first Thanksgiving with Graham!
My boys! :)

December
We had lots of fun Christmas activities all month and enjoyed celebrating with Graham!

What a fun walk down memory lane!  The Lord blessed us tremendously in 2012!

Here's to 2013 and all that it holds.  I was listening to a Beth Moore podcast today, and she said that it doesn't matter that we have no idea what 2013 holds, but we do know that God is good.  And He will be good in whatever comes our way this year!

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a great year! Many good pictures and memories. We are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a year!! So many trips!! You two crazy kids! Thanks for sharing some truth from Beth today... boy don't I need to rely on that every minute of every day!

    ReplyDelete