Tuesday, January 1, 2013

4 Months

I know I'll say this every month, but I really cannot believe that I'm writing this post!  This month was so much fun watching Graham grow and change so much developmentally and physically.  He has started doing so many new things!  We had such a special time celebrating Christmas with him!  Here are all of the fun 4 month facts and some cute pics!

 Stats: We don't go to the doctor until Monday so I don't know for sure, but i think he is somewhere between 13 and 14 pounds.  He has chunked up a lot lately!  I love seeing his chunky thighs and rolls in his neck!

 Milestones: He is rolling over from tummy to back sometimes, but not consistently.  Graham has gotten so good at grabbing and holding onto things.  He especially likes my hair! :)  We can put him on a blanket with toys all around him, and he'll just reach around, pick one up, and hold it and play with it.  His favorite thing to do is to stand with us just holding his hands.  He can hold his weight on his legs for about a minute before getting wobbly.  He has also gotten so good at holding his head up, and he just wants to sit up all of the time.  When we put him in the bouncer, car seat, or swing now, he just tries to raise his head up...he gets a good ab workout in!  The noises Graham makes are hilarious!  I love getting him going having a conversation with him.  He has really found his voice lately!  His new favorite trick is blowing raspberries with spit going everywhere.  As you can see from these pics, his fingers are constantly in his mouth because he is teething.  His bottom two teeth are right below the surface, and his gums have been so white lately.  I'm ready for them to pop through because they have been given us all trouble!

 Feeding: Graham is currently taking 6 bottles a day at 6 oz each, but we are going to change it to 5 a day here pretty quick.  He eats at 5:30, 8:30, 11:30, 2:30, 5:30, and 8:30.  Although these past 2 weeks he is all of a sudden waking up again between 3 and 4 in the mornings.  I have been blaming it on his teeth and lots of travelling.  I'm glad to be home for awhile to get back in a good routine and schedule.

 Behavior: Graham is the happiest, most easy going baby and I'm so thankful for that!  He just goes nonstop with us whether we are running errands, playing with friends, or travelling to see family.  Graham is so quick to smile and laugh, and it just melts your heart!  One of my friends babysat a couple of weeks ago while I went to Bible study, and the first thing she said when I got home was, "Wow...he is full of personality!"  He constantly makes us laugh at his different facial expressions and actions!  Everybody comments on how busy and active he is.  He is NEVER still.  I remember from every time I had an ultrasound during pregnancy that they always commented on how wiggly he was!

 Sleep: Graham is great at napping in his crib!  He is currently taking 4 naps a day at 30-45 minutes each.  I hope he will start to sleep longer with fewer naps, but he always wakes up so happy and ready to play some more!  He is still struggling in his crib at night so we were still using the bassinet until last week.  And now he has a little cold so I'm waiting until he is well and we will be crying it out at night in the crib.

 Clothes: Graham is currently wearing 3 month and 3-6 month clothes.  Just today I packed up a tub full of 0-3 clothes.  I couldn't believe how little some of the outfits were and the he wore them for a good 6 weeks! He has gotten so big!  For Christmas I asked our families for 6 and 9 month clothes for him so we are set for the spring!  I can't wait for him to wear all of the cute new outfits!

 Likes: being on the move, sitting or standing, his new exersaucer, ceiling fans, lights, talking, my singing - I'm glad somebody appreciates it! :), books, talking and laughing, being outside

 Dislikes: having to wait too long for me to make a bottle, sitting still, getting water on his face during a bath

 Favorite Moments: Graham's first Christmas is something I will never forget!  We celebrated with our little family of 3 before traveling to see our families, and we made so many special memories!  It has been so fun watching Graham explore new things and develop so much this month.  His fun and sweet personality is really starting to shine through!

Most Challenging: Getting him to sleep in his crib at night has definitely been a challenge.  He will usually go down pretty easily in it but then wake up about 1 or 2 and can't settle down and get comfortable again.  After about 3 or 4 nights of this I just put him back in his bassinet because I was needing some good sleep!  But we are ready to make this switch for good, and I know we will have a rough few nights at first but we can handle it!

 Looking forward to: Graham sleeping through the night on a more consistent basis, going on a trip with Trent in mid-January for a couple of nights, watching him continue to grow and develop, a good report from the Dr. on Monday, an exciting year ahead...we found out this time last year that we were pregnant! :)

 His new exersaucer that Nana and Bop got him for Christmas!

 Leaning forward to sit up on his own!

 Going for a walk in the BOB without his carseat for the first time!  He loved this so much!  Such a big boy!

Playing with toys and reading a book in his Bumbo!

3 comments:

  1. Great post Cori... He is changing so much and he is a much busier dude these days... Those hands always working!! Live that ol g dawg

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: those chair pics are adorable!! Such a happy boy with his mommy behind the camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! He is so happy and very entertaining! He is such a busy boy.

    ReplyDelete