Wednesday, February 6, 2013

5 Months

So these pictures just crack me up!  I was on my own taking them and was having a hard time getting Graham to stay still and not reach for the camera...but then I realized that's just exactly how he is right now!  All over the place and reaching out for everything!

I can't believe my sweet boy is 5 months already...and what a fun month this has been!  He is always so active, curious, determined, and busy...ALL THE TIME.  We have had so much fun going to music class, Bible study, playgroup, lunch at the mall with friends, swinging in the park, and many more fun things!
  
Stats: We think he is close to 18 pounds now...all I know is that he is HEAVY!!  I've had to stop carrying him in the infant seat because it just hurt my arm too much!  Thankfully we haven't had to go to the Dr. this month...we will be back in for his 6 month appointment at the beginning of March!

Milestones: rolling everywhere, scooting backwards, he got up on all fours yesterday and started rocking, trying rice cereal, "talking" up a storm, big belly laughs, sleeping in his crib, sooo close to sitting up, he does great with just a little support,
Feeding: He is eating at 5:00, 9:00, 12:30, 4:00, and 7:30.  He takes 7 ounces in his bottle, and then I also do a dream feed at 9:30 with just 4 ounces.  I would like to start some fruits and veggies soon so we are still practicing with rice cereal.  It has been better the last two times but still not great.

Behavior: Graham is so happy, easy-going, and flexible all of the time.  He loves being around other people!  He loves to laugh and smile at everybody and everything!  He has the best conversations with his friends on his exersaucer!  He is very good at playing independently on the floor, in the exersaucer, etc...I just have to be careful if he is in a position to roll across the room!

 Sleep: He goes down between 8:00-8:30 every night.  Some nights he will wake up between 3 and 4, and others he will make it until 5:30 or 6!  I change him, feed him, and put him right back down, and he will sleep until between 8:00-8:30.  Graham is taking 3 naps a day, usually about 10:00, 1:00, and 4:30.  Sometimes he'll sleep for an hour and a half, and others it'll just be 30 or 45 minutes.  I'm hoping he gets into the longer naps more consistently soon!  He is officially sleeping in his crib all of the time now!  It was a pretty easy transition right after he turned 4 months old.  I think he covers every square inch of the crib at night.  He tends to like to scoot around the edges, and he especially likes the corners!

Clothes: He is wearing a few 3-6 month things, mostly 6 months, and a few 6-9 months.  I've had to buy some new clothes lately because we didn't have any short sleeve 6 month onesies...I wasn't planning on needing them in January, but then again we live in Texas!  And he just moved up to size 3 diapers last week!

Likes: swinging, singing, anything involving movement, rolling over, scooting, playing with friends, making noises, blowing bubbles/spitting, grabbing at anything and everything, his feet - a new found obsession, getting his clothes changed, taking a bath, sitting in his high chair, toys that make noise, standing on your lap and bouncing, reading books, climbing all over Trent when he gets home in the evenings

Dislikes: rice cereal, having to sit still, waiting too long for his bottle, his car seat...I really can't think of anything else!
Favorite moments:  So many things stand out this month, but they are all just day to day stuff, no major events.  I just love seeing his whole face light up with a smile and his excited squeal.  I'm so glad he is social and loves to interact with lots of people.  Graham is so easy to take with us everywhere we go and he is just flexible and easy.  
Most challenging: keeping him entertained!  He will play great for about 30 minutes at a time in a certain "toy", but then he is ready to move on to the next thing!  Also there have been days where Graham has boycotted napping altogether, and that is exhausting for both of us.  It seems like either he sleeps really well at night and doesn't nap well or he doesn't sleep so great at night but then naps great.  I'm not sure which option I like better! :)

I put him on his back on the blanket and not five minutes later this is where he ended up...he'll bury his face in the carpet and use it as leverage to scoot forward.  I'm so afraid he's going to end up with carpet burns all over!

Looking forward to: I'm hoping Graham catches on to this whole eating thing sometime soon!  I think it will help him sleep better at night because he is just getting hungrier more often now.  I am also looking forward to him becoming more mobile and seeing him discover even more things and have more fun.  We will get to see the cousins this weekend, and I can't wait to watch them interact and play together!

Happy 5 months to our sweet boy!  We never knew we could love you like we do!

*It has taken me 4 days to write this because SOMEONE has decided not to nap well these last few days!  So I haven't had a chance to write it during the day, and I've been so exhausted in the evening that I just haven't gotten around to it!

3 comments:

  1. 'Ol G-Dawg... what a ham! I love his silly grins! He is a happy, busy boy... who apparently needs to help his mama out in the sleep department... you need a good night's sleep AND naps... he'll get there! This will be his month! It just takes time! Can't wait to see that lil punkin face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've learned you need short sleeves year round in Texas....you can always put a long sleeve shirt underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of that happy boy! He has the biggest smile. I am ready to see him this weekend. I'm sure he has changed so much just since we saw him last.

    ReplyDelete