Monday, June 22, 2015

Bennett at 9 Months

Oh my sweet Bennett.  He brings so much joy and laughter to our family.  But he is definitely keeping us on our toes!  I can't take my eyes off of him for a second.  
How is it possible that he's 9 months old?!  His first birthday party is booked, and I just can't believe it!

 Stats: Weight 26 lbs 8 oz  >99%
Height: 31 1/4 in  >99%
Head Circ: 19 in  >99%
Our boy is off the charts!!

 Eating: Bennett is still on the same eating schedule.  He eats a 7 oz bottle at 8:30, 12:30, 4:30, and 7:30.  And most of the time he still wakes up about 4 or 5 to eat and goes right back to sleep.  Although we are having more and more nights where he sleeps through!  For breakfast at 7:30 he eats oatmeal, lunch at 11:30 is a fruit, and dinner at 6:30 is a veggie.  We are going to start some easy table foods in the next few weeks.  I've put a few things on his tray and to his mouth, but he just wants to play with it so far and has no interest in eating!

 Personality: Busy, curious, fearless, happy, social - just a few words to describe him!  He's into everything lately!  And when you try to tell him no he just smiles and keeps right on doing it.  My MIL handed him back to me last weekend after they kept the boys, and her first words were, "He's a mess!"  And she even raised 4 kids, 3 of them boys!  Trent and I just sit back and laugh and shake our heads.  He's going to give us a run for our money.  I love watching him explore and discover things for the first time.  

 Sleeping: Bennett sleeps 8pm-7am at night, with sometimes waking once.  His morning nap is from 9-10ish.  And his afternoon nap is about 1:15-3:45.  

 Likes: "tackling" Graham, singing, baths, being outside, Mickey, Baby Einstein DVDs, attention from anybody, toys that make noise

 Dislikes: when Graham doesn't let him play with him, having something taken away from him, teething, being put down - we are going through a little separation anxiety but thankfully just at home

 Milestones: Bennett is walking behind push toys, crawling everywhere, pulling up on everything, and cruising around furniture.  He now has 7 teeth and is working on his 8th.  He got his top 4 all in the same week - teething is rough on him!  Bennett said his first word this month - Bubba!  He now looks at Graham and says it all of the time!

 Clothes: He can wear some 6 -12 month clothes but mostly 12 months.  Diapers are size 5 only because I had a ton from Graham and he doesn't need them anymore (more on that later!)

 Favorite Moments: Our family vacation to Colorado was wonderful.  We made some great memories, and we love watching our boys experience so many new things.  I've also loved watching the boys play together more.  Graham is VERY slowly learning to share toys.  Bennett wants to be right where Graham is.  They often end up wrestling and tackling each other!  Just when I think Bennett is going to be hurt, he always has the biggest smile on his face!

 Looking forward to: just all of the little things.  We have a couple of weeks at home before more summer travels, and I'm just enjoying the everyday routine with my boys.  This age is so much fun but so exhausting!  But I'm so thankful for my healthy, growing and changing sweet boy!

 He can pull up on the cabinets, reach the drawer handles and pull them out.  I never even had to think about baby proofing drawers with Graham!

 Elmo is a favorite at our house in the 5:00 hour!


 Another day, another blowout!  Look at that sweet, innocent face!

 Brothers are the best!

 Every single day



Happy 9 months Bennett!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this happy boy! I love the picture of the two of them watching the tv together. Crazy boy on the fireplace is so cute. I'm so glad Bennett has a Bubba too!

    ReplyDelete