Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bennett at 4 Months

My goodness, 4 months?!  I have lots of pictures and updates to share of my sweet Bennett!

Stats: Bennett had a perfect 4 month check up today!
Weight: 19 lbs 4.5 oz 98%
Length: 27.5 in 100%
Head Circumference: 17.75 in 100%
It goes without saying that we have a big boy! :)

Eating: Bennett eats at 3:00am, 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, and 10.  We are going to adjust our schedule and drop a bottle in the next week or so.  We tried dropping one when he turned 3 months, but then he was just off and then we traveled and he got sick so I haven't tried it again.  He eats 5 oz at each feeding.

Personality: I don't think he could get any sweeter!  He is the happiest, most easy going baby, and for that I'm very thankful.  He is extremely social and wants to be right in the middle of whatever is going on.  He insists on sitting or being held up so he can see everything.  Bennett is very quick to smile now, and loves anybody who will pay attention to him.  He found his voice about 3 weeks ago, and I don't think he has stopped talking since!  He knows he has to compete with big brother! :)  I'm still waiting on his first giggle; I can tell he's so close!  He is a very busy boy, constantly moving.  Even the Dr. commented on it today.  Just like his big brother!

Sleeping: Bennett goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 at night.  He wakes up to eat around 3, and then goes back to sleep until about 6:30-7.  He usually has about one night a week that he is fussy super early in the morning or has trouble settling down after he eats.  Bennett is a great napper, and he still goes down to sleep without any fussing.  After he rubs his eyes once or yawns, I take him immediately to his room, and he goes right to sleep!  He takes 3-4 naps a day.  Usually about 8:15-9:00, 10:30-11:45, 1:30-3:30, and 5:15-6.  I can say that the boys are very consistently napping at the same time in the afternoons.  This was a huge priority for me so that I can nap too! Oh and maybe get a few things done! :)

Likes: attention, his brother, toys that light up and make noise, bath time, being outside, Baby Einstein DVDs, ceiling fans, his bouncer, sitting up and looking at everything, tummy time - yay!, talking, his toes and feet

Dislikes: stopping while in the car, getting his hair cut

Milestones: Bennett got his first hair cut! (Jan. 8) He screamed the entire time, but it looks so much better!  He no longer has hair hanging down to the bottom of his ear lobe!  And ever since we got it cut, it seems to be getting wavier by the day.  Maybe he'll have curls like Graham!
Bennett is rolling from back to tummy - which I think is so he can be sitting up more to see what's going on! (Jan. 20)
Bennett had his first trip to the ER. (Jan. 15) Thankfully it turned out to be "just" another ear infection, but the ER trip was necessary after a pointless visit to Urgent Care.  
Bennett found his voice this month, and he loves to talk and be heard! (Jan. 1)
Bennett got to swing for the first time at the park! (Jan. 20)  He loved it!

Clothes: Bennett is wearing 6 month clothes and size 3 diapers.  I love seeing him in a lot of Graham's hand-me-downs!

Favorite Moments: I just love seeing his personality starting to show more and more everyday.  Also Graham is finally starting to pay more attention to him!  It helps that Bennett is more interactive now.  Graham is constantly bringing him toys, and saying, "Hi Baby Bennett!" in a really high pitched voice!    

Looking forward to: I know I said this last month, but hopefully more sleep sometime soon!


He already moves all over the place and turns in complete circles.





Pre-haircut!






Rolling over!  His shoulder still gets stuck sometimes, but he works so hard to go all the way!


 Oh that sweet face! I just can't get enough!



Happy boy at the dr this morning, pre-shots! :)

Sweet Bennett, happy 4 months!  You are the sweetest, and we love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. So many sweet faces of Bennett! I love his haircut. It looks so good. It is so sweet to see he and Graham together. Happy 4 months BIG boy!

    ReplyDelete